Position: Animal Care Assistant – Castle Vets
Salary: up to £22,010
Castle Vets is a large veterinary practice with an experienced and very friendly team and fantastic facilities. Facilities including an in house lab, CT scanner, digital X-ray and endoscopes. Castle Vets has the opportunity available for a hardworking, self motivated and enthusiastic candidate who wants to join our busy team of 8 Vets, 1 Specialist vet, 13 Qualified Nurses, 2 Student Nurses, 3 Animal Care Assistants, 8 Receptionists, a Practice Manager and Financial administrator.
Having recently obtained Hospital status we are looking to expand the team and we are looking for someone who has some experience with animals and is looking to pursue a career within the veterinary industry.
As an Animal Care Assistant your role will be to support the nursing team and vets by maintaining the high standard of cleanliness in the practice.
Duties to include:
- Assisting in kennels with general cleaning
- Walking patients
- Laundry including Scrub areas
- Turning around theatres and Prep areas between each surgery
- Cleaning of Surgical Kits including packing and sterilising
- Cleaning of consulting room’s
- Re-stocking of all consumables in all areas of the practice.
- Running lab samples (full training will be provided)
- Packaging and sending off lab samples
- Looking at samples under the microscope (full training will be provided)
- Holding patients for vets and nurses
- Supporting Pharmacy
- Putting away orders
- Adhering to Health and Safety protocols at all times
Hours negotiable - standard hours are 37 hours but we would consider 30 - 40 hours
Monday - Friday shifts will be between 8am-7pm, plus 1 Saturday morning every 4 weeks.
No Veterinary experience required as full training will be given but is an advantage.
Competitive salary will be discussed at interview.
We are a large practice based in Central Reading with our own parking.
Holiday and benefits:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pawsome benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100's of retailer
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Company pension- 5% Employee / 3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Shop discounts
- Educational lunch and learn opportunities
- Free on-site parking
- Easy transport links
Please submit your CV and a covering letter about why you believe you would be a good candidate for the role.