Ultrasound can be used for investigating and diagnosing many problems and conditions including:
- Pregnancy scans
- Looking for any abnormalities such as growths/tumours
- Measuring the speed and direction of blood flow in certain areas of the body
- Measuring the depth/size of internal organs or other structures such as tumours/growths
- Imaging body organs such as the heart, gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys, spleen, gall bladder, eyes etc.
- Guiding the veterinary surgeon during procedures such as biopsies, fluid sampling and catheterisation